Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology
Charles Townsend Downey
Musical-Dramatic Productions Derived from Ariosto and Tasso in the City of Paris, 1600-1800DDM index no. 2420
- Ph.D. in Musicology, Catholic University of America, 1998; Ruth Steiner, advisor
- Classification: Historical Musicology – Period: Renaissance – Subject: theater music, 1600-1800
- 394 pages, x prefatory pages
- Features: acknowledgments, dedication, illustrations, tables, facsimiles, musical examples, transcriptions, translations, bibliography
- Keywords: Alcine, Roland, Renaud, Armide, Tancrède, ballet de cour, Jesuit plays, tragédie en musique, operatic parody
- RILM: 1998-04044 (abstract, etc.) – UMI Dissertation Express: 9828839 – Dissertation Abstracts: 59/04:1001
The RILM link relies on full access to the RILM database, available by subscription.
To find a UMI Dissertation Express result, copy the Order Number, click on the link, and paste the Order Number in the "UMI Publication Number" field.
A Dissertation Abstracts volume number can be used to locate a physical copy.
Please report any errors to the AMS.