The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- DEADLINE APPROACHING! 1 April, 2014: AMS Travel & Research Grants
- NEW! Now available: webcast of Kendra Preston Leonard's AMS-Library of Congress Lecture "Meaning and Myth in Louise Talma’s First Period Works"
- NEW! Now available: webcast of William Meredith's AMS-Library of Congress Lecture "What the Autograph Can Tell Us: Beethoven’s Sonata in E Major, opus 109"
- NEW! AMS Newsletter, February 2014
- NEW! Now available: the latest issue of JAMS: articles by Grier, Anderson, Esse, and Barg; Colloquy "Music and Sexuality"; reviews of books by Kirkman, Hinton, Kartomi, Cavicchi, and Spitzer. Read at JSTOR; AMS members: log in for immediate access to all issues of JAMS.
- AMS/SMT Milwaukee 2014
- Log in and vote in the 2014 AMS elections
candidates for Vice President: Graeme Boone, Anne C. Shreffler
candidate for Treasurer: James Ladewig
candidates for Director-at-Large: Georgia J. Cowart, Stephen A. Crist,
Emma Dillon, Bonnie Gordon, John Koegel, Jeffrey Magee
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions