The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- NEW! JOB VACANCY: Executive Editor, Music of the United States of America
- NEW! AMS Travel and Research Grants application now available
Deadline 1 April 2015, 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Deadline Extended: AMS Teaching Fund
Deadline now 10 April 2015, 5:00 p.m. EDT
- NEW! Members: Log in now to vote in the AMS Elections
- NEW! February 2015 AMS Newsletter now available
- COMING SOON! 24 April 2015: Paul Laird, AMS-Library of Congress Lecture in Washington D.C.
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions