The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance research in the various fields of music as a branch of learning and scholarship. 3,600 individuals and 1,100 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- Deadline 1 June! Eileen Southern Travel Grant for minorities to attend the Pittsburgh Annual Meeting:
please help spread the word by printing this PDF flyer and posting it in your department!
Follow this link for information and application.
- NEW! AMS MUSA 25, Mary Lou Williams, Selected Works for Big Band, now available. Order from the publisher (AMS members may claim a 25% discount), or via Amazon.
- NEW! Pittsburgh 2013: Advertisers, Exhibitors, and Sponsors
- NEW! Pittsburgh 2013: Meeting Planners
- NEW! February 2013 AMS Newsletter
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions