The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- NEW! Carol Hess, "Copland as Good Neighbor," now available as webcast
Carol Hess delivered her AMS-Library of Congress lecture in fall 2014
- NEW! Eileen Southern Travel Grants to attend the Louisville Annual Meeting
- February 2015 AMS Newsletter now available
- NEW! Now available: the latest issue of JAMS: articles by Planchart, Hambridge, Saavedra, and Moseley; reviews of books by Verba, Simonson, and Sterne. Read at JSTOR; AMS members: log in for immediate access to all issues of JAMS.
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions