The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- AMS Louisville 2015: Conference registration is now open (regular reg. deadline 31 Oct)
See the Final Program | Sign up to be a meeting worker | Book your hotel room
- Memorial for David G. Hughes, Honorary Member of the Society:
Paine Hall, Harvard University, 4 October 2015, 3 p.m.
- August 2015 AMS Newsletter now available
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions