The American Musicological Society's purpose is to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. To do this, it publishes a Journal, holds an Annual Meeting, supports books in musicology, and offers a broad array of grants, fellowships, and awards throughout the year.
- The AMS strives for openness, fairness, and inclusion. See our recently formulated statement on fair practice and representation for more information.
- AMS/SMT Vancouver: Full details
• Register! AMS/SMT Vancouver Conference Registration
• New! AMS/SMT Vancouver Final Program
- Coming soon! Dominic McHugh, AMS-Library of Congress Lecture: Thursday 27 October, 7 p.m.: "In the Workshop of Lerner and Loewe: Archival Sources for the Genesis of My Fair Lady"
- 9/1/2016: JAMS 69/2, Summer 2016, is now available online: articles by Manuel Pedro Ferreira, Derek Stauff, Shay Loya, and Sumanth Gopinath & Anna Schultz; colloquy on the disability aesthetics of music; reviews of work by Bryan Gilliam (by Wayne Heisler Jr.), Philip Rupprecht (by Eric Saylor), Elaine Kelly (by Estelle Joubert), and Brian Kane (by Michael Spitzer)
- Are you looking for a graduate program in musicology? read our guide "How to find a graduate program"
• See the full list of graduate programs in musicology
- Proposed AMS By-laws Amendments: Public Meeting in Vancouver
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
- Upcoming Musicology Conferences and CFPs
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|New York University||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions