The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- NEW! Renew your AMS membership for 2015 (log in and follow the link)
- NEW! AMS-Newberry Library Short-Term Fellowship (deadline: 15 January)
- NEW! AMS Louisville 2015 Proposals: submit your proposal online (deadline: 15 January)
- NEW! NEH Public Scholar Program Grant program for research projects: deadline 3 March
• See the Washington Post story (12/11/2014)
- NEW! The latest AMS subventions: $35,000 to 17 publications
- Join the conversation: subscribe to our musicology discussion list, AMS-L!
- AMS Louisville 2015
- Now available: the latest issue of JAMS: articles by Fassler, Zanovello, Polzonetti, and Quillen; reviews of books by Rodin, Wolff et al., Stinson, Yearsley, Charlton, Decker; colloquy "Studying the Lied." Read at JSTOR; AMS members: log in for immediate access to all issues of JAMS.
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions