The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- Deadlines extended: AMS-Library of Congress Lectures and AMS-Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Lectures proposal deadlines now 15 January
- NEW: The AMS Endorses Joint Statement Opposing "Campus Carry"
- Now available: AMS50 Fellowship and Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship Applications
- AMS Louisville 2015: AMS Awards Presented
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions