The American Musicological Society's purpose is to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. To do this, it publishes a Journal, holds an Annual Meeting, supports books in musicology, and offers a broad array of grants, fellowships, and awards throughout the year.
- New: Resources for learning about unconscious bias
- New: February 2017 AMS Newsletter
- AMS Rochester 2017
- Vote: AMS members can log in and vote for board members, by-laws amendments
- New: JAMS 69/3, Fall 2016, is now available online: articles by Emma Hornby, David Ross Hurley, Yves Balmer Thomas Lacôte & Christopher Brent Murray, and Carolyn Abbate; reviews of work by Henry Parkes (by Jesse D. Billett), Howard Pollack (by Ellie M. Hisama), Danielle Fosler-Lussier (by Jennifer DeLapp-Birkett), and Bob Gilmore (by Bryan Christian); and digital & multimedia scholarship reviews by Kristina Muxfeldt, Laura Miranda, and Michael C. Heller
- New: The latest AMS subventions: Twenty-three books have received nearly $40,000 in AMS subventions
- 30 November: AMS President Martha Feldman: Reaffirming Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Free Inquiry
- Renew your AMS membership! (log in and click on the "Renew" link)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|New York University||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions