The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance research in the various fields of music as a branch of learning and scholarship. 3,600 individuals and 1,100 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- NEW! AMS/SMT Milwaukee 2014: Performance proposals, presentation proposals, and AMS/SMT Joint Session proposals are now being accepted.
- NEW! AMS-Newberry Library Short-Term Fellowship: Application deadline 15 January 2014.
- AHJ AMS 50 Fellowship Applications are now being accepted (deadline: 16 December 2013)
- Howard Mayer Brown Fellowship Applications are now being accepted (deadline: 16 December 2013)
- Awards presented at the AMS Annual Meeting, 9 November 2013
- Now available: the latest issue of JAMS: articles by Richards, Leistra-Jones, Tunbridge, and Busse Berger; Colloquy "Cosmopolitanism in the Age of Nationalism, 1848–1914"; reviews of books by Varwig, McClary, Boynton, Muxfeldt, Loya, Feisst, and Levy. Read at JSTOR; AMS members: log in for immediate access to all issues of JAMS.
- "Musicology Now," the AMS blog
- AMS Pittsburgh 2013 Annual Meeting Home Page
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions