The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- NEW: August 2015 AMS Newsletter now available
- NEW: AMS Louisville 2015: Conference registration is now open (early reg. deadline 30 Sep)
Preliminary Program now available
- NEW! Results of the AMS spring elections: Martha Feldman, President-Elect; Michael C. Tusa, Secretary; Steve Swayne, Council Secretary; Mark Katz, Elisabeth Le Guin, John A. Rice, Directors-at-Large.
- NEW! The latest AMS Publication Subventions: twenty-three books, $44,000
- NEW! Margot Fassler's AMS Plenary Lecture on Hildegard of Bingen is now available (webcast)
- February 2015 AMS Newsletter now available
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions