The American Musicological Society's purpose is to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. To do this, it publishes a Journal, holds an Annual Meeting, supports books in musicology, and offers a broad array of grants, fellowships, and awards throughout the year.
- Deadline 3 April: AMS Travel/Research Grant applications are now being accepted -- nine categories are available.
- New: February 2017 AMS Newsletter
- AMS Rochester 2017
- Vote: AMS members can log in and vote for board members, by-laws amendments
- 30 November: AMS President Martha Feldman: Reaffirming Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Free Inquiry
- Renew your AMS membership! (log in and click on the "Renew" link)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|New York University||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions