AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016
Registration rates (regular/student or retired):
Member early (before 30 Sep): $105/$45
Member regular (before 28 Oct): $135/$75
Member late (after 28 Oct): $155/$85
Registration opens 1 August
Hotel registration open: $159 per night (single/double); $189 per night (triple); $219/night (quad). Traditional rooms have 2 double beds or one king bed (choice made at time of reservation). 100% non-smoking guest rooms include standard hotel amenities (listed at hotel site) and complementary basic high speed internet access. Deluxe corner rooms and suites also available.
- Online Reservations (for traditional rooms only)
- For deluxe corner rooms, club floor or suites, send email to
- Phone reservations call 1-800-325-3535 and ask for rooms for "AMS SMT Joint Meeting 2016"
- Limited availability: Discounted tickets for Early Music Vancouver, Friday night 4 November
- NEW: Special Events including pre-conference events, free concerts and ticketed events.
- 18 April update: the Program Committee has sent all acceptance and regrets notices. If you did not receive a notice, please communicate with the AMS office.
- Student and Low Income AMS members may apply for travel grants to attend the meeting. (login required)
- SMT Web site
- NEW! Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program Tax Rebate for Tour Operators. The Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program is a rebate program designed to attract tour groups to Canada. If you are a non-Canadian tour operator, you may qualify for a rebate of Canadian goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax on the accommodation portion of eligible tour packages. What are the rebate amounts? Up to 50% of the tax you paid on an eligible tour package that includes accommodation in Canada; or 100% of the tax you paid on accommodation in Canada to create an eligible tour package. For more information, visit www.cra.gc.ca/tour-rebate.
- Job Interviewing Sessions. AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016 offers a convenient venue to conduct preliminary interviews with prospective candidates.
- Exhibitors and Advertisers. The exhibitor and advertiser information for the AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016 Annual Meeting is ready!
- Receptions and Meetings. Related organizations may request space for ancillary meetings in conjunction with the AMS/SMT meeting. Follow the link for information and forms.
Traveling to Canada from another country? Be prepared!
Tripadvisor's guidelines for travel to Canada.
- Travelers from the USA: Consider applying for Global Entry to expedite your US Customs process ($100 fee)
Membership and Professional Development Committee / Keitel Endowment Travel Grants to attend the meeting: applications begin to be accepted 15 May; application deadline 30 June.
Eileen Southern Travel Grants to attend the meeting: applications begin to be accepted 20 April; application deadline 1 June.
Announcements will be made when the forms become available.
This page will be supplemented with additional material as the meeting draws nearer.