AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016
New! AMS/SMT Vancouver Final Program as of 20 September 2016
• AMS/SMT Vancouver Final Abstracts • Abstracts Addendum (10/5/2016)
(Send corrections and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Program updates: Changes to Program and Abstracts received after it went to press
Announcements: See here for the latest Vancouver meeting announcements
Handouts: Some handouts are available
Important travel document: Canada Border Services Agency, official recognition of AMS/SMT Vancouver Carry a copy with you if you are traveling from outside Canada to attend the meeting: it will facilitate the customs process
A few spots still open! Conference meeting worker request form now available for graduate students who are AMS or SMT members (login required)
- SMT grad students: you must first log in to the SMT web site. Follow the link found at the SMT site to access the conference worker request form.
- Childcare services. The AMS offers financial support for conference attendees who need child care. Click here for more information.
• The room Fraser at the Sheraton has been set aside (including comfortable chairs and small refrigerator) for those who are breast feeding.
- AMS/SMT and Accessibility
- NEW: Special Events including pre-conference events, free concerts and ticketed events.
- Robert Gjerdingen's Plenary Lecture: “‘Suffer the Little Children’: The Institutionalization of Craft Apprenticeship in the Conservatories of Europe”
- Job Interviewing Sessions. AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016 offers a convenient venue to conduct preliminary interviews with prospective candidates.
- Info for Exhibitors and Advertisers
- Receptions and Meetings. Related organizations may request space for ancillary meetings in conjunction with the AMS/SMT meeting. Follow the link for information and forms.
Traveling to Canada from another country? Be prepared!
Tripadvisor's guidelines for travel to Canada.
- Travelers from the USA: Consider applying for Global Entry to expedite your US Customs process ($100 fee)
This page will be supplemented with additional material as the meeting draws nearer.