AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016
Registration rates (regular/student or retired):
Member early (before 30 Sep): $105/$45
Member regular (before 28 Oct): $135/$75
Member late (after 28 Oct): $155/$85
Registration opens 1 August
New! Conference registration now available early registration with special member rates available from 1 August to 30 September
New! Conference meeting worker request form now available for graduate students who are AMS or SMT members (login required)
- SMT grad students: you must first log in to the SMT web site. Follow the link found at the SMT site to access the conference worker request form.
AMS/SMT Vancouver Preliminary Program: now available Last updated 16 August 2016
(Send corrections and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org; they will be noted at this page regularly.)
Hotel registration open: $159 per night (single/double); $189 per night (triple); $219/night (quad). Traditional rooms have 2 double beds or one king bed (choice made at time of reservation). 100% non-smoking guest rooms include standard hotel amenities (listed at hotel site) and complementary basic high speed internet access. Deluxe corner rooms and suites also available.
- Online Reservations (for traditional rooms only)
- For deluxe corner rooms, club floor or suites, telephone the Sheraton Wall Centre for full details
- Phone reservations call 1-800-325-3535 and ask for rooms for "AMS SMT Joint Meeting 2016"
- Childcare services. The AMS offers financial support for conference attendees who need child care. Click here for more information.
- AMS Buddy Program. The AMS Committee on Career-Related Issues (CCRI) will once again be sponsoring a "Conference Buddy Program" at the Annual Meeting. Click here for information or to register.
- Limited availability: Discounted tickets for Early Music Vancouver, Friday night 4 November
- Find a Roommate
- NEW: Special Events including pre-conference events, free concerts and ticketed events.
- 18 April update: the Program Committee has sent all acceptance and regrets notices. If you did not receive a notice, please communicate with the AMS office.
- Student and Low Income AMS members may apply for travel grants to attend the meeting. (login required)
- SMT Web site
- NEW! Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program Tax Rebate for Tour Operators. The Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program is a rebate program designed to attract tour groups to Canada. If you are a non-Canadian tour operator, you may qualify for a rebate of Canadian goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax on the accommodation portion of eligible tour packages. What are the rebate amounts? Up to 50% of the tax you paid on an eligible tour package that includes accommodation in Canada; or 100% of the tax you paid on accommodation in Canada to create an eligible tour package. For more information, visit www.cra.gc.ca/tour-rebate.
- Job Interviewing Sessions. AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016 offers a convenient venue to conduct preliminary interviews with prospective candidates.
- Exhibitors and Advertisers. The exhibitor and advertiser information for the AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016 Annual Meeting is ready!
- Receptions and Meetings. Related organizations may request space for ancillary meetings in conjunction with the AMS/SMT meeting. Follow the link for information and forms.
Traveling to Canada from another country? Be prepared!
Tripadvisor's guidelines for travel to Canada.
- Travelers from the USA: Consider applying for Global Entry to expedite your US Customs process ($100 fee)
This page will be supplemented with additional material as the meeting draws nearer.