AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016
Registration rates (regular/student or retired):
Member early (before 30 Sep): $105/$45
Member regular (before 28 Oct): $135/$75
Member late (after 28 Oct): $155/$85
New! AMS/SMT Vancouver Final Program: now available Last updated 20 September 2016
(Send corrections and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Changes to Program and Abstracts received after it went to press
Conference registration now available early registration with special member rates available from 1 August to 30 September
Important travel document: Canada Border Services Agency, official recognition of AMS/SMT Vancouver Carry a copy with you if you are traveling from outside Canada to attend the meeting: it will facilitate the customs process
A few spots still open! Conference meeting worker request form now available for graduate students who are AMS or SMT members (login required)
- SMT grad students: you must first log in to the SMT web site. Follow the link found at the SMT site to access the conference worker request form.
Hotel: The Sheraton Wall Centre reports that as of 9/9/2016 they are sold out. This may change as the meeting draws nearer and cancellations occur; feel free to phone them directly (604-331-1000). They also may have individual nights, if you plan on attending only a fraction of the meeting.
The Century Plaza Hotel, directly across from the Sheraton, is holding an additional block of rooms for meeting attendees; reservations may be made by phoning them, 800-663-1818 or 604-687-0575, and identify the American Musicological Society and Society for Music Theory meeting.
Follow this link to book a room at the Century Plaza Hotel online. If prompted for a meeting code, enter AMERICAN1116.
- AMS Buddy Program. The AMS Committee on Career-Related Issues (CCRI) will once again be sponsoring a "Conference Buddy Program" at the Annual Meeting. Click here for information or to register.
- Childcare services. The AMS offers financial support for conference attendees who need child care. Click here for more information.
- AMS/SMT and Accessibility
- NEW: Special Events including pre-conference events, free concerts and ticketed events.
- Robert Gjerdingen's Plenary Lecture: “‘Suffer the Little Children’: The Institutionalization of Craft Apprenticeship in the Conservatories of Europe”
- Job Interviewing Sessions. AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016 offers a convenient venue to conduct preliminary interviews with prospective candidates.
- Info for Exhibitors and Advertisers
- Receptions and Meetings. Related organizations may request space for ancillary meetings in conjunction with the AMS/SMT meeting. Follow the link for information and forms.
Traveling to Canada from another country? Be prepared!
Tripadvisor's guidelines for travel to Canada.
- Travelers from the USA: Consider applying for Global Entry to expedite your US Customs process ($100 fee)
This page will be supplemented with additional material as the meeting draws nearer.