The American Musicological Society's purpose is to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. To do this, it publishes a Journal, holds an Annual Meeting, supports books in musicology, and offers a broad array of grants, fellowships, and awards throughout the year.
- New: The latest round of AMS Publication Subventions: 26 books, $46,000
- 6/23/2016: Letter to AMS members from AMS President Ellen T. Harris: Moving forward concerning issues of racial diversity
- Upcoming deadline: Newly-reconfigured AMS Teaching Award, deadline 15 August
- New: AMS Statement of Fair Practice and Representation, newly-approved policy document
- Now available: Jaqueline Warwick's RRHOFM lecture webcast: "Dad Rock and Child Stars"
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
- Upcoming Musicology Conferences and CFPs
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions