The American Musicological Society's purpose is to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. To do this, it publishes a Journal, holds an Annual Meeting, supports books in musicology, and offers a broad array of grants, fellowships, and awards throughout the year.
- Deadline 6/1: Eileen Southern Travel Grants to attend the AMS/SMT Vancouver Annual Meeting
- Now available: Machito and his Afro-Cubans: Selected Transcriptions, the latest volume of MUSA. 25% discount to AMS members
- Now available: Ryan Bañagale's LC lecture webcast: "The Ongoing Composition of Rhapsody in Blue"
- New: AMS staff vacancies in New York
- 4/1/2016: JAMS 69/1, Spring 2016, is now available online: articles by Tim Carter, Peter Bennett, Massimo Ossi, and Robert Adlington; reviews by MacCarthy, Link, Rubinoff, Tsou, Hooper, and Crawford and Lewis
- February 2016 AMS Newsletter now available
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
- Upcoming Musicology Conferences and CFPs
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions