The American Musicological Society was founded in 1934 to advance scholarship in the various fields of music through research, learning, and teaching. 3,400 individuals and 1,000 institutional subscribers from over forty nations participate in the Society.
- SOON! AMS-Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Lecture, 7 p.m., 16 September: Stephanie Vander Wel, "Rose Maddox’s Roadhouse Vocality and the California Sound of 1950s Rockabilly and Honky-Tonk"
- AMS Louisville 2015: Conference registration is now open (early reg. deadline 30 Sep)
See the Preliminary Program | Sign up to be a meeting worker | Book your hotel room
- August 2015 AMS Newsletter now available
- NEW! The latest AMS Publication Subventions: twenty-three books, $44,000
- Join our free e-lists! subscribe to AMS-L (discussion) and AMS-Announce (conferences, jobs, journal contents, etc.)
- Upcoming AMS Chapter meetings
Can't find what you're looking for? Enter a few words in the search box!
|The AMS acknowledges the generous support of|
|Bowdoin College||The National Endowment
for the Humanities
|The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
books supported through AMS subventions